Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm sooo aggrivated...talk me off the ledge

Okay ladies, here's the deal: There is another photographer here in town who does natural light photography similar to myself. She does wonderful work and I honestly cannot say one bad thing about her...except: She is the most petty person I've ever met. She claims every shot know to man is "her" original idea and that I "copy" her. We're talking simply silhouette maternity shots, side angles the basics... Nothing too original honestly. She loves to have people leave comments on my blog with little nasty remarks. The funny thing is she took photos for a friend of mine years ago and showed up with printed pages with images from other photographers to try and duplicate! I honestly don't judge her for that since I think it's wonderful to get inspiration from other photographers. Plus, sometimes clients request shots they've seen because they love them. But she hasn't invented the wheel here.


So, my dilemma is I'm just sick of her pettiness. I think the comments are just plain juvenile and annoying. I've seen her at parks while shooting sessions and she is beyond rude. I know I should let it go, but it bugs me to no end. I totally want to just call her up and tell her to knock it off. I guess I don't KNOW for sure it's her, but I do KNOW.

This is the last post she had someone (or it could be her for all I know) make a comment about. I don't claim that's it's that original, but the client loved it and wanted to do it. I don't believe she has a shot just like this anyway, but I can show you about 2000 similar ones on flickr!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't even know what to tell you. I assume you have removed the comments that have been made. I guess the bottom line is that you should be doing what you love and what makes you happy, and who cares what others say, but I would not be willing to deal with utter disrespect like leaving nasty comments on my blog for all to see. If she has a problem with you, she should take it up with you like an adult rather than a coward who hides behind their computer screen.

    I think making a phone call and telling her how you feel is appropriate, and I guarantee it will catch her off-guard! Be respectful and calm and don't let her know how upset you really are.

    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! People are awful. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man! that is so stinky! pettiness is the WORST! i mean REALLY people. you cannot NOT do a shot because someone else did it first! that's ridiculous! who even CARES! i'm so sorry you're dealing with this. i have dealt with similar situations and it is no fun. i agree with megan, a phone call might do the trick! and it would take her off guard. keep us up to date!
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice, ladies! Good luck dealing with a sticky situation. :)

    ReplyDelete