Thursday, May 28, 2009

Garage Lighting

Okay so one of the great things that was talked about at the Nicole V. Workshop was how your garage has the most amazing lighting. I had heard this before and had done one quick shoot in my garage a long time ago but just kind of forgot about it. Nicole told us about Kevyn Howard and how he is a famous headshot photographer in L.A. and he shoots almost everything in his garage with natural light. So I was very inspired and decided to do a shoot with my daughter. Here are two of the images taken in my garage. I am now in love with my garage! LOL You can see more of them on my blog.

Just place your subject one to three feet from where the light falls. If you get to far back it is obviously to dark and it is best to shoot when the sun is on the opposite side of the garage.

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love this ... as always!
    What a great idea. Glad to hear it was such an inspiring workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cama, these are awesome - I love how they are so dramatic! What a great idea, can't wait to try it!
    ...I guess that would mean I have to clean out the garage first! :P
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of these, Cama. I also really like the garage when I use a backdrop. Too bad I can only use my garage like 4 months out of the year (because of the cold)! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love these!!! Thanks for the tips. Cama, I get to shoot a newborn on Sunday with Gina Oh. She lives about 15 min. from me. I am very excited about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cama! GREAT! I think I will take my session for tomorrow out to their garage! HAHA! Excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful!! when you say "the light needs to be on the opposite side of the garage" what do you mean? like not coming directly in? i wish i could use my garage, but i can barely STEP in it. my husband has a new summer project...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Amy, it just means the sun should be on the opposite side of the garage door opening or just not coming directly in. However, I just got another great tip. If it does just hang some sheer curtains some how to diffuse that direct sun light.

    ReplyDelete